Monday, September 5, 2011

Mini-time capsules

It's time to start packing!  And, I have moved enough times to know how stressful it can be.  It seems that moving across the world only adds to that stress.  A few weeks ago, we finally firmed up our travel plans.  T and I will leave Atlanta in the middle of September.  I'll stay with him in Sydney for about 2 weeks and then come back to Atlanta to finish out the year at my job.  But, T will stay in Sydney and start his new job the afternoon after I leave.  When I get back I'll be shuffling between friends' houses and my mom's place for three months--not ideal, but after taking a look at the other options, it seems like the best solution.  We are planning to be completely out of our apartment by the time we leave later this month.  So, we are packing up everything we each own and separating into piles--bring with us/store here.  Side note--this does mean that T and I won't get to see each other for about two and a half months, which kind of blows. 

Luckily, we are in agreement over what should be stored and the few things that we will take with us.  As we put most everything we own (that hasn't already been sold) into boxes, I keep thinking of where we will be when we open them.  We have decided that we will stay in Sydney for 3-5 years.  By the time we open these boxes, so much in our lives could potentially be different.  The plan is to come back to Atlanta, but who knows what will actually happen.  I can't stop fast forwarding in my head to a time when we'll be opening up those boxes again.  Maybe that's how I'm keeping myself from stressing about the fact that so much of our stuff still needs to be packed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment