Thursday, September 15, 2011

Packing and more packing

As I write this, T is sitting in the bedroom putting the last of his clothes in 'space bags' to pack for our trip.  I, on the other hand, am sitting on the floor seeing as we don't have a couch anymore. 



Hopefully it is not too obvious that I'm trying to avoid the last little ends that are always the most annoying to pack.  I did, however, pack a good portion of my clothes already.  Now we are ready to get on the plane...

Flying this way would save a little money at least!

Can't you tell how much I've packed?  It's a little funny because I'm going to come back after our trip, so I can't take everything with me.  But, I think we finally have a good plan as far as what we are each taking with us.  One step closer!  I honestly cannot believe that we are going to get on a plane it just a few short days.  And, with everything that we have to do before the trip, I have a feeling those days are going to just fly by.  Luckily, after a few hiccups, we were able to find someone to take our apartment and T was able to sell his car.  I really did think to myself earlier this week--if I ever had any doubts that this wasn't the right decision, they were put to rest when everything that needed to happen before this left actually fell into place.  We will meet the person who is buying T's car first thing on Saturday morning (before heading to the Tech game).  And, we sign over our lease on Monday afternoon.  Hopefully after that point all we will have left to do is get on a plane!  So crazy--I don't think all of this will be real until I step off of the plane in Sydney. 

T's last day of work is tomorrow, so it's time to get him so beauty rest before saying the first of his goodbyes.  I can't wait to post some great pics from Australia next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment